Snail by Snail: Stoneboat Farm
If the future of food is in the work of young farmers, Stoneboat Farm gives tremendous reason for hope and optimism. We are in good hands with farmers like Jesse and Aaron at the helm. They incorporate traditional practices like the use of draft horses while having a keen sense of the social and environmental impact sustainable farming has in the modern world.
We covered a lot of ground in our interview. Some highlights include:
- Jesse’s analogy between farming and human health
- Recommendations on how to use attractant planting in the home garden
- His reminder that organic doesn’t always equal sustainable
- The “political” topic of tilling
- Exciting projects in collaboration with Adelante Mujeres
To learn more about Stoneboat Farms and to get information about their CSA, visit them at: www.stoneboatpdx.com.
Thanks for sharing