- This event has passed.
FoodWorx: The Future of Food Conference
February 4 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Food connects us all, often in ways we don’t realize. Our local plate has global implications. The subject of food reaches into every corner of our lives, from culture to media to business to health. FoodWorx: The Future of Food is a non-profit event produced by the World Food Travel Association. It was created to tackle the hard questions about food issues and to envision where food will go in the next 5 to 10 years.
Slow Food Portland is proud to be a marketing partner for this event, one that elevates the topic of food and its importance in our daily lives, and beyond. Slow Food members receive a 10% discount on attendee and exhibitor tickets. Use the code below.
- 20-minute TED-style inspirational talks
- Pre-conference delegate networking in a private online community
- Special recognition for job seekers
- Opportunities to interact with the speakers
- Cascadian Cuisine Exhibition and Reception
Speakers & Topics
Below are just a few of the FoodWorx speakers that will deliver compelling talks and spark conversation. Talks fall into 4 categories: economics, environment, society and health. More speakers and full bios are on the FoodWorx website.
- Gregg Abbott, of Oregon Street Foods Association and owner of Whiffie’s Fried Pies (Food & Economics)
- Kurt Huffman, Owner of ChefSTable Group, behind various well-known Portland restaurants such as Gruner and St. Jack (Food & Economics)
- Dana Gunders, Food Worrier/Warrior, Staff Scientist, Natural Resources Defense Council, San Francisco, CA, USA (Food & Environment)
- Amelia Pape, Food Justice Advocate, My Street Grocery, Portland, Oregon (Food & Society)
- Lisa Schroeder, Small Business Superstar, Owner, Mother’s Bistro, Portland, Oregon (Food & Society)
Stay Connected | Learn More
Buy Tickets to FoodWorx 2014. Ticket prices vary from $79 to $129 depending on your status and date of purchase. Early bird tickets are available till January 26.
Slow Food members, use SLOPDX2014 for 10% off every ticket type as well as 10% off an exhibitor table.
Thanks for sharing