- This event has passed.
Olive Farm & Mill Tour
November 3 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Can you tell your Pendolino from your Leccino? In the fruit rich lands of the Pacific Northwest we rarely see them but the sacred olive is one of the oldest fruits with a history as old as western civilization. Such was the esteem in which olives were held, winners of the Olympic Games in Ancient Greece were crowned with a wreath of wild olive (the cotinus).
Join Slow Food Portland and support your states’ visionary agricultural entrepreneurs as we visit Red Ridge Farms and the Durant family for an exciting tour of one of the few olive farms and mills in Oregon. And bring along a picnic to savor and enjoy amidst the splendor of the Dundee Hills.
The tour and tasting includes:
- Introduction to the farm, meet the Durant family.
- History of olives and olive oil
- Tour of olive grove with Paul Durant
- Olive farming 101
- View the olive pressing mill in action
- Sample different olive oil varietals and Durant Vineyard wines
- Light snacks (but attendees are encouraged to bring a picnic to enjoy after the tour)
Please dress appropriately as most of the activities are outdoors.
Reservations must be made by October 31. Get your tickets today!
Red Ridge Farms
5510 NE Breyman Orchards Rd.
Dayton OR 97114
Thanks for sharing