- This event has passed.
Terra Madre Day
December 10, 2013 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Terra Madre Day is a worldwide celebration of local foods and sharing the pleasures of good, clean and fair foods. From hosting a potluck to learning more about Slow Food Ark of Taste products, take time during this annual celebration to explore, learn, and share all things about good foods.
Join us for a no-host happy hour at Xico
- share food stories
- meet past Terra Madre delegates
- celebrate the conviviality of the table
- learn more about the 2014 Terra Madre conference in Turin, Italy
Other ways to celebrate Terra Madre Day
- Share a meal at home with friends. Use one or more Ark of Taste food products and other locally grown produce and meats.
- Learn more about the 200 Ark of Taste products currently registered in the USA. Did you know American Paddlefish in the Mississippi River system has remained unchanged for 300 million years, or closer to home you can find a local farmer growing Santa Maria Pinquitos beans?
- Connect to Local Harvest, a comprehensive guide to farmers, CSAs, meat processors and other sources of local food products throughout the US.
- Create your own happy hour at a local restaurant that focuses on locally sourced foods and fair employee practices.
- Give to the Farmers Market Fund and help provide low-income and underserved populations throughout our region access fresh, locally grown food throughout the year.
- Discover the Terra Madre mission, vision and programs through Slow Food International.
3701 SE Division Street
Limited seating: email firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP deadline Friday, December 6th.
Thanks for sharing