Become a Slow Food USA member!
You ARE the Slow Food movement! Become a member today and build the power of the Slow Food network. From local to global, action begins with us.
Benefits of Membership
- Member discounts and special invitations to Slow Food Portland events
- E-newsletters and updates from Slow Food USA and Slow Food Portland
- Invitations to world-wide events such as Terra Madre, Salone del Gusto, Slow Fish, Cheese, Euro Gusto, and AsiGusto
Already a member? You can renew your membership on the same page. When you join, select “Portland Oregon” as your primary chapter.
Our World-wide Community
- Supports a dynamic network of aligned partners
- Creates gardens throughout the world, including the Gardens in Africa program
- Supports biodiversity—saving vital traditional seeds, foods, plants, and animals through Ark of Taste and Presidia
- Helps educate youth on gardens and food
- Brings over 7,000 farmers, educators, chefs and food activists together at Terra Madre, the world-wide sustainable food and farming conference and,
- Creates a forum for educating national policymakers on the importance of good, clean, and fair food and farming
If you have questions, or to join by phone, call Slow Food USA at: 877-SlowFoo(d) (877-756-9366)
Slow Food Portland receives up to $5 from each Slow Food USA membership. These funds help our all-volunteer organization plan and implement events and activities, as well as support our minimal annual operating costs. Every other year we hold fund-raising events to support our local delegates travel expenses to Terra Madre.
Slow Food USA and Slow Food Portland are tax exempt under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue code. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Other ways to get involved
- Write blog posts
- Assist with set-up at events
- Help in our outreach booth and our educational activities
- Join an event committee
- Develop marketing materials
For more information contact the chair of Slow Food Portland.